Blog 2
Today I decided to write about Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World". The first time I listened to it I simply had it playing in the background to see what impressions it gave me. This song is a classic and on this first listen it made me think of my dad who used to sing this song sometimes when I was little. My dad knows how to sing but I am not a fan of his voice so I remember being annoyed a couple of time when he sang it but I have a deep appreciation for this song now, especially because of the lyrics.
Speaking of lyrics, the second time I listened through, "What a Wonderful World", I paid better attention to those that are in this song. Previously I had never thought about the meaning behind why so much nature is mentioned in the song. Now, especially having the lyrics in front of me I think it holds a lot of meaning. For one, the singer is reflecting on all that he is grateful for in the world and nature is a huge blessing that many people recognize. This song tends to make many people emotional-perhaps because they’re reflecting on the meaning of the lyrics sung.
Word Count: 208
I think it is so sweet that this song brings back a memory for you! When songs attach to sweet moments in our life it makes them that much more powerful. I also really love this song because it just has such a beautiful sound and meaning to it.
ReplyDelete