Week 5 Blog

 For this week's blog I decided to write about "Sh-Boom" by The Chords. I chose this song because when we were discussing it in class I was pretty sure I had never heard it before, however as soon as it started I realized I did know it. This song perhaps is most well-known for being featured in the Disney/Pixar animated film, Cars. 

The first time I listened to this song independently from class I thought about the emotions that the song evokes in the listener. This song is very upbeat and makes the listener want to dance. This song also brings back memories of watching Cars as a kid and the emotions I used to feel watching it. This movie was never my favorite but I did enjoy it.

The second time I listened to the song on my own I focused on the lyrics. Initially, the lyrics in this song can be hard to understand and honestly I think up to this point I could only make out a few lines in the song-not realizing how much of the song was comprised of made-up words. One of the best lines that is repeated through the song reflects on how "Life could be a dream...if you would let me spend my whole life loving you,". 

The third time I listened to the song I listened for musical aspects. I thought the saxophone solo fit the tune very well. I like that as soon as the saxophone is over it jumps right back into the chorus, thus reflecting the energy it has built up instead of having to bring the energy back up through another verse.

Overall this song evokes a lot of energy and memories. The period of time this song was written is interesting because music is becoming more upbeat and feel-good, especially through this song, "Sh-Boom"! 

Word Count: 308

Photo Credit: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317219/


Comments

  1. I was in the same boat about not recognizing this song by its name. Also I guess I don't remember Cars that well because I can't remember where in the movie this song plays, but I wouldn't doubt it being in there just because it is a happy sounding song that's perfect for a kids movie like Cars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scene in cars with this song in it is one of my very favorites! Now I really want to watch it. I didn't recognize this song when he first said the name either, but as soon as it started playing I knew exactly what he was talking about. I also love the lyric when it says "Life could be a dream... if you would let me spend my whole life loving you". This is such a fun cute song!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did my blog on this song as well, and I can say we agree on a lot of the same things when it comes to this song. The saxophone solo really gives the song that extra little touch that gives it more of an upbeat boost, and I love the way it ties right back ino the chorus. Listening to this song hits me with nostalgia, taking me back to my younger years watching Cars.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment